Serious Explorations Ford Explorer and Ranger Message Board
#1 Resource for Ford Explorer and Ranger Owners - By Enthusiasts, for Enthusiasts.

Ford Explorer Generation Guide

EF Swag Store 2016 Ford Explorer Forums Elite Membership Chat Room My Posts Reviews Explorer Photo Gallery
Go Back   Ford Explorer and Ranger Forums "Serious Explorations" > Offroad Tech Forums > Offroad Explorer - Ranger Projects > Explorer - Ranger Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits

Notices

Explorer - Ranger Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits Ford Explorer and Ranger chassis related posts. Get help choosing the right shock absorber and aftermarket suspension for your Explorer or Ranger based vehicle.

2000 XLT BODY LIFT?

Old 01-27-2004, 06:43 PM   #1
kzman28
kalamazoo,Mi
2002 explorer sport

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Original Poster)
2000 XLT BODY LIFT?

IS THERE A BODY LIFT OUT THERE FOR A 2000 FORD EXPLORER XLT?OR EVEN ONE THAT CAN INTERCHANGE FROM ANOTHER VEHICLE.ALSO IS THERE A BUMPER KIT?
kzman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
( Join the Elite Explorers )

For only $20 per year you can become an Elite Explorer member. Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications really work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members can change the forum "styles" to eliminate most ads, including blue underlined links, and no ads on photos. Other benefits include the ability to store 1000 Private Messages, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and to our Photo Gallery and more. Join the Elite Explorers today.

Old 01-28-2004, 04:02 PM   #2
21robbie21
Elite SPort
duluth, ga

explorer sport 2001

Vehicle Specs

you need a body lift kit for a ranger 98-00 and you will have to make slight adjustments,

"The Ranger kit should have just about everything you need to do it. Some people say they had to buy longer bolts, but i used the ones that came with the kit and all I had to modify was to drill out one mount on each side and use a nut instead. the bumper brackets may not match or you may have to drill new holes for them." Chris4x4Gill2

My X

SASed D44 front on 37" Parnelli Jones Dirt Grips
4.88's, Detroit TruTrac in the rear
21robbie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 06:35 PM   #3
SplashMan
Cedar Rapids, IA

'93 Ranger

Vehicle Specs

Performance Accessories makes a series of 3" body-lifts for the 95-01 Rangers. The Ranger is identical to the Explorer from the cab forward so these kits will work on Explorers.
Performance Accessories produces two kits, one for 95-97's and one for 98-01's. The main difference with these kits is the steering extension and bumper brackets. The 98-01 kit will work on ALL 95-01 Explorers with the exception of the steering extension on 95-97's. Here's the catch, you need the steering extension from the 95-97 kit for 95-97's, but the 95-97 kit does not have the correct bumper lift brackets so after a few hit and misses we found it easier to order the 98-01 kit and then specify that you need the 95-97 extension.

Performance Accessories makes excellent kits and are top of the line. Installation time averages around 8 hrs with help from a few friends. The kit price is around $130 which is the cheapest 3" lift around. If you are looking for some lift and on a budget then this is the way to go.

You can also get an additional 1.5" of lift in the front but cranking your Torsion bars up 2". An additional 1.5" for the rear can be gained by swapping your stock shackles for Warriors.

With the Torsion twist by itself you can run 31" tires with no cutting of the body, with the 3" BL you can run 32" tires with no cutting of the body, with the Torsion twist, Warrior Shackles and BL you can run 33" tires with a little cutting on the front wheel-well.
SplashMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 06:44 PM   #4
areyoukind69
Traverse City, Michigan
2000 Ford Explorer XLT

Vehicle Specs

Dk Exp

What about a suspension lift for 00 ford explorer xlt 4wd! How come this year is so hard to find.?
Where is the best place to a complete kit ?
areyoukind69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 07:10 PM   #5
CCr
Ray ND
'98 XLT, 66 Mustang

Vehicle Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by areyoukind69 View Post
What about a suspension lift for 00 ford explorer xlt 4wd! How come this year is so hard to find.?
Where is the best place to a complete kit ?
hard to find cuz no one wants to make them, these are the rollover years. searching thru the forums will net you more info than you ever need so I will point you to superlift and trailmaster suspensions. search them on the forum and you'll get about 500 different threads. body lift is way cheaper. I've done mine already

Old 12-18-2008, 10:34 PM   #6
areyoukind69
Traverse City, Michigan
2000 Ford Explorer XLT

Vehicle Specs

Dk Exp

This place was one of the best priced place besides..JC whitney

Fat Bobs garage
http://store.fatbobsgarage.com/share...urce=shopzilla
areyoukind69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 11:46 PM   #7
wigsplitta
2000 SOHC

Vehicle Specs

So will i need a steering extension for my 00 xlt??? Also other than bumper brackets what else will be fabricated? I want to have them made before I start this project.
wigsplitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:39 PM   #8
coreybeaudry904
orange park. FL
2000 / ford /explorer XLS

Vehicle Specs

Dk Exp body kit

i am also looking for the same thing i want to make it at least 5 inches
coreybeaudry904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:59 PM   #9
xplorer120
Hurricane, WV
2000 Ford Explorer XLT

Vehicle Specs

I have also been looking for a lift kit for my explorer. i found this one but so far its the only one i can find

http://www.ultimateautoaccessories.c...duct/K494.html

Last edited by xplorer120; 08-25-2012 at 04:02 PM. Reason: i coppied the link from the address bar but it takes you to the home page
xplorer120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:36 PM   #10
slickemhoundd
Glassboro, southern jersey

1996 Limited 5.0

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
superlift kit is nice and all but for the price new i would say its not worth it. and thats coming from some one that got it for free.... well swapped stock for superlift on 2 trucks in one day but still cash free. find one used or do a tt/shackles till you find one used, try a body lift, against my religion but will clear larger tires. all depends on what you want

1996 Explorer 5.0 Limited-snorkel-4" superlift-tt&shackles-33/12.5/15 MT/R Kevlars-Mechman 270 amp-3 12" subs-2 daylighters, rlc bumper-12k winch-exhaust
slickemhoundd is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggest this thread to friends:

Join the "Elite Explorers" Today!

Search Explorer Forum

Top of Page