Hott2death69's Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hott2death69's Explorer

Dead Link Removed

BEFORE

Dead Link Removed

Alan Keatley
1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer
5.0 liter V8, AWD, sunroof, power everything, white, tan interior.
18x8.5" chrome MKW MK3's
255/45/18 Pirelli Scorpion Zeros
True dual exhaust w/ 2 Flowmaster 40 series mufflers, quad 2 1/2" Hooker Header tips, no cats,
Full Billet, Clear Corners and red/clear tails (not pictured)
Painted body color mirrors, GTS Sportguards, antenna base, wiper cowl and Lund Windjammer, shaved roof rack (not pictured)
Tinted windows front, 15% over factory on the rear,
JVC KDLX3 Kameleon,
2 Cadence UltraShock 15's, Cadence Z1200 amp
Rockford Fosgate and EFX Scoshe wiring
Lowered 1" up front

visit http://www.explorerunderground.com

AFTER

Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

all i can say is

wow

Nice truck! Where did you buy the billet grille in the bumper?

heyo,
actually, most people think it's a trenz, but it's not...the only place i could find a matching upper grille and lower bumper insert to match was from JBM, the website i do believe is http://www.sportruckin.com i might be mislead on that, its just from the top of my head. the rep told me it was manufactured by T-Rex....both inserts are polished, top has 17 bars.

how do you like the true duel exhaust? is it better than just a single outlet or a duel outlet with a single muffler?

exhaust

heyo,
i wouldn't have it any other way. i guess i'm sort of partial to having a 'truck' not a 'car' so i like the dual exhuast. i think all explorers should go that route. but...it's not set up for duals in the back. up front the routing is easy, but you have to deal w/ those nasty lines and then the spare in the back on the drivers side..so good luck going that route, but yes i do love the sound, look everything. don't know if i'll stay w/ the flowmasters, or go w/ an expedition roll pan molded in and have 2 dual 'weapon r' "import type" mufflers exiting out thru cut-outs in it...i'm just thinking aloud tho....

bumper opening

i looked on sporttrucking and i didnt find any bumper grilles for an explorer. do you know if the 2000 openings are the same size as the 96 opening? is the expedition opening the same size?

inserts

heyo,
i'm really not sure about the same size on the 2000, haven't checked that really. but they should have the bumper inserts, or are you saying it's not listing them for the '00 model? i believe everything from an expedition CAN work on an explorer....just gotta cut and hack and mold and fabricate and....lol

Back