My new 94 Un-Limited | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My new 94 Un-Limited

Updated 12/01/03

Well, with the 5.0 swap getting passed on, here's my new rig!

Pics to come later

here are some stats on the truck.
1994 Ford Explorer Limited 4x4
4.0 V-6
KKM cone air filter
Splitfire Platinum 4 spark plugs and performance wires, stock automatic tranny, push button automatic 4 wheel drive
turbo exhaust
extended braided stainless steel brake lines.
leather power seats (driver's with memory)
pop-out sunroof
auto dim rearview mirror with automatic lights "on" feature
33" Futura A/T's
15X8 Rock Crawler steel rims
1.5" custom body lift
2.5" Skyjacker suspension lift plus 1" coil spacers extended shackles in the rear and add-a-leafs.
4.10 gearing with Powertrax lockers front and rear WARN Manual hubs
Stearing stabilizer
Safari roof rack
Front tube bumper with Ramsey 8000 ProPlus winch and 2 extra fog lights.
Spare tire mount on rear bumper
GM tow hooks up front
one tow hook in rear

I'm running
Alpine DVD player
Clarion 6.4in wide screen monitor
Alpine big amp (subs)
Kicker 4ch (speakers)
Fosgate 6.5 components in kicks w/ Kenwood tweeters on the A-pillar
Kicker 4in components in the rear doors
XM radio
2-1 farad lightning audio digital top caps
Police strobes in the rear reverse lights
Tach on dash
A-Pillar gauge pod w/ water and trans temp

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yup... toss on the 6in's and either trim back or use cut out flares... Maybe one day get nothin flares like Colin (fenderguy) But that is doubtful, cause I'm not a fan of fiberglass... it cracks... metal dents and gets hit back out... that is if this truck ever makes it as a hard core truck... Hell, longer term muddin plans inclue 35x16x15 Boggers in the rear with beadlocks and some form of bead locked swamper up front! :) Maybe that'll happen after im outta college.
Pete

That's nice man, nothing better then a modified Explorer dirty! Could you do me a favor and maybe post a picutre or two of your tire carrier. I'm in the process of drawing one up and making it here in the next week or so and i was trying to get some different ideas, thanks!

Happy trailes!

Pete-
How tough was that for you to fit the coil spacers and the 2" springs up front?? I was thinking about doing that up front and add some shackles in the back to fit some 33's (I have 2" skyjacker and 2" bodylift). Thanks-

Well Dre did all the work. If im not mistake, he's got skyjacker 2.5in TTB drop brackets and stock R/A and R/A mounts. He then added the 2.5in coils and 1in spacers... it's about maxed out...

Jot-- I have no camera at school here.. I could try and get a rough drawing and measurements if ya wish.
Pete

I appriciate it but there's no need for you to have to draw anything up, i was just curious of how yours looked, thanks anyways man, nice ride!!

Happy trailes!

uh, well on that set-up in the front guys.....
As I remember I only put these two things there: Skyjacker 2.5" extended coil springs with extended Explorer Pro Comp ES 3000 shocks and 1"? or 1.5" coil spacers...... Set-up works great and there was even some thread left to put the nut on the bolt inside the coil spring. No other brackets or extensions are required. . . . . well, except for some extreme angle alignment bushings to align the front end properly. That's it.

Pedro, we should register this set-up as an individual patent and sell it to others....

lol

:confused:

So you used the skyjacker and coil spacers with no add-ons and had no problems?? I was thinking of adding coil spacers so I could fit 33's, but I was told that it wouldn't work in off-camber situations. So if you did this with no problem, I would like to know. I want 33's!!

I did only Skyjacker and coil spacers up front. I believe that gave me a total of about 3.5" of suspension lift up front. Rear on this particular truck has a Skyjacker add-a-leaf and extended shackles which gives about 4.5" of lift. That plus custom 1.5" body lift (chopped 3" body lift kit) was merely enough to fit 33's on 15X8 rims. I had to cut lower rear corner of the front fender on each side.
but can you tell Pete? not really. Off camber situations? I never even once feared for my life during all of my off roading trips and I never rolled my rig.... that tells you something.
:bounce:

Alright, well that sounds good, except I don't know what I would do front, since I already have a 2" body lift on. Would it be that noticible if I only did the coil spacers up front with the shackles and add-a-leafs in back?? Thanks

from your signature I see that you have a body lift and Skyjacker lift...... Skyjacker comes with add-a-leaf....
now my question is this: did you put the add-a-leaf on? If yes, then the only option is to get either custom coil spacer up front (any shop can make it) and put shackles in the back. You'll see the difference for sure. Shackles alone in the rear will give you at least 2" of lift. Front coil spacers can be purchased from the dealer.... just look for 2 wd F150 coil spacers for the front end. I think that if you have 2" body lift, 2" Skyjacker and add spacers and shackles you'll be able to fit 33's with no fender trimming.

good luck,

:rolleyes:

Yeah, I did add-a-leaf's in the back, so I would need to do shackles. So all I would need to do is just get some new bushings up front along with the spacers and it would work?? Will the spacers up front equal out to the lift the shackles give to the rear, or if not, will it be that noticable?? Thanks again for all the info, you are helping me out a lot!

well, is it that noticable Pete??? I have had the same set-up and didn't see that much difference. Rear was just slightly higher than front.....

leave the bushing problem to whomever is gonna do your alignment..... he would have to make a decision which bushing will be appropriate.

Good luck,

:)

Nope... I didn't look at it too closely, but with the mud flaps there, its not noticable :)
Pete

Hey pete, I think you should put a billet grille on the limited and sell me that old usless limited grille.

Ryan

Back