'01 Sport Lowered | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'01 Sport Lowered

Well,

I lowered my truck 2 inches today. Here is the before pic:

Dead Link Removed

Here is the after:

Dead Link Removed

Sorry it's not the same angle. I will take more tomorrow morning. I am getting 17x8 inch wheels tomorrow along with an alignment. I will take pictures after that also!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks awesome! It'll look even better with the new rims.

Originally posted by 95ExplorerLtd
Looks awesome! It'll look even better with the new rims.

Thanks for the compliment! I can't wait to see it tomorrow when I pick it up from the shop. I have been eager to replace the stock wheels and tires since I bought it!

nice job :) what kind of wheels are you getting?

They are made by Edelbrock. I will give more details with the pics.

Ok,

The details are as follows:

The wheels are Edelbrock 409s in 17x8. The tires are Dunlop Rover GTX in 255/55/17.

Here is the original truck:

Dead Link Removed

Here it is lowered:

Dead Link Removed

And here it is now:

Dead Link Removed

nice... those look like chromed AR torq thrust d wheels

Your trucks looks damn fine. How did you lower?

Thanks....

They are actually polished. Here is a close up of the wheel:

Dead Link Removed

And here is a side by side comparison of a stock '01 Sport and mine:

Dead Link Removed

Wow what a difference! The new Sports really take a lowering well. And those rims look awesome! :)

Thanks guys! I am extremely happy with the outcome! It did take four shims to get the alignment though! 2 camber shims and 2 a-arm shims.

Originally posted by aldive
Your trucks looks damn fine. How did you lower?

Thanks....

I use 2 in blocks for the rear and just removed the torsion adjuster bolts in the front!

Originally posted by NaplesBill

I use 2 in blocks for the rear and just removed the torsion adjuster bolts in the front!

Completely removed the adjuster bolts?

Originally posted by aldive

Yep, I completely removed them! The stock adjustments must have been way off because right now both sides are the same height and the stock adjustments were not even close. The passenger was screwed almost all the way in while the drivers was only screwed in about half as much.

whoa, bill, that looks awesome! :D

Originally posted by tbomb
whoa, bill, that looks awesome! :D

Personally, I think Ford should build a model like this! Forget the Escape, this would offer a lower step in height and LOOK good!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep, I completely removed them! The stock adjustments must have been way off because right now both sides are the same height and the stock adjustments were not even close. The passenger was screwed almost all the way in while the drivers was only screwed in about half as much.

aldive quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by NaplesBill

is this possible for a 98 sport (4x2)? I'd like to do the same thing.. let me know

Bill, I must know where you got those wheels. Those are HOT!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

truly kickass!!! I love those new wheels way more than those stock ones. Looks really good with the lowering and new wheels, a big difference over stock. I like it a LOT!

Back