01 Sport Trac Headlight Problem??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

01 Sport Trac Headlight Problem???

JESUSJJQJ

Reaction score
City, State
CEDAR HILL, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 EXPLORER SPORT TRAC
Hello ... I Am New To This Forum And Have A Problem That I Could Use Some Insight From Someone Else. My Headlights One Day Began Acting Funny ... They Began Coming On When I Put The Parking Light On. Then Now The Low Beam Headlights Will Not Come On At All. The Parking Light Work Fine. I Tested The Headlight Socket And They Only Get Power On The Highbeam Light. My Highbeams Will Only Come On If The Highbeam Switch Is Pulled Only For Temporary Highbeams ... But If I Push The Switch Foward The Highbeams Don't Come On At All. I Am Stumped ... If Anyone Know Anyway To Test Or Fix This Problem Please Let Me Know .... Thanks!!!!

I'm not really familiar with the wiring in your truck, but I'd say to look at the headlight switch. Check for blown fuses too as the switch may have shorted out and blown something too. Hopefully someone else can get some wiring info and/or has more knowledge about your truck, but I'd suspect the switch.

-Ted

btw, please don't capitalize every word, it makes it hard to read.

I'm wondering if anyone knows the answer to the OP. My girlfriend has the exact same problem and I've checked all the fuses, relays, harnesses, and bulbs. Haven't checked the switch ont the dash though. I'm hoping it's not a cut in a wire. Thanks.

Jody

Back