• Register Today It's free!

02 mountaineer, stock subwoofer is making all sorts of feedback noise??? HELP!

02mountaineerv8

City, State
cleveland ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Permier
Hey everyone, I got a puzzle hear i need to get figured out if you can help me... this is bugging the crap out of me...

I have the stock subwoofer in my 02 mountaineer. 6 out of 10 times as I'm driving with the music on, the subwoofer will make all sorts of low gargaling sounds as I'm driving. If I shut the music off for a few seconds, then turn it back on, its perfact, then maybe 10 minutes later it does it again?

whats even weirder is that when I step on the brakes, the subwoofer immitates me stepping on the brakes making a noise everytime the brakes or pushed..... everytime the turn signal is on, it will make sounds for everytime the turn signal turns on and off....

I can't figure this out becuase if I turn the music off, everything is fine even up till 10 minutes after turning on the music again is where it acts up again..

what the heck would this be???? I'm pulling my hair out over here

The sub wiring is shielded sounds like its picking up feed back from something. . .

I had a similar problem but after i added a sub woofer and radio. Mine was do to a poor job with the wiring, i found a short in one of the signal wires and it would garble the sub when i hit a bump. I also noticed the wires in the back of the radio seem a little tight when the radio is mounted. . .pull the radio and wiggle the wires the little connector is the subwoofer. . they then follow the passenger door sill to the back, check the connector at the sub too, if its not the wires, maybe the sub amp is getting old. .

Back