'03 EB 4.0 V-6 Intermittent Single Beep | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'03 EB 4.0 V-6 Intermittent Single Beep

dwing

Reaction score
City, State
Sugar Land, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 EB
Hello all, I hope I landed in the right place. I have a problem with an intermittent single beep when driving. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it does not. When the single beep does occur, it happens when I start accelerating after stopping at a light or stop sign. There are no warning lights, messages, or codes. Just the single beep. I checked all warning lights when I start the car, they all illuminate. I double checked the airbag light, it illumiates as expected for a few seconds at startup.

I would appreciate any tips to help solve this problem.

2003 Eddie Bauer
4.0 V-6
105,000 miles
Treated like family (regular physicals)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The message center does not display "door ajar" when it beeps. Thank you though.

check the Brake Fluid level, is it topped off or at the full mark.
I'd also get a sub-second flash of the brake system light too.

Thank you jrford, the fluid level is about 1/2 inch below the "max" line. The brake system light does come on for a few seconds when the car is started.

My son took the Explorer to Advance Auto to check for any codes. THere were none. This seems to be an odd problem.

Thank you jrford, the fluid level is about 1/2 inch below the "max" line.

That would do it. . .fill to Full line and see if it stops.

Another thing that might scare people is the turn signal, if left on for a while it will start beeping, but it doesn't sound like this.

Thanks, I topped off the brake fluid. I'll post the results back here.

The beeping has stopped. Thanks jrford.

It has been a few weeks now and still no beeps. Adding break fluid solved the problem. Thanks again jrford.

Thanks for that update. Good to know.

Back