03 mountaineer looking for proformance chip/computer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

03 mountaineer looking for proformance chip/computer

Xenowolf

Reaction score
City, State
Miami, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 Mountaineer
I got this truck as a 'hand-me-down' for my birthday. Handed down from my mom who never drove it hard.. i got the truck in march and i've been craving more power. I found cold-air intake and exhaust tips but no chips yet.

All I am really looking for is a good Cold-air intake, a good performance chip, and maybe a flowmaster exhaust. I haven't done much looking other than google but I figured these forums would help alot.

I will post again if I find these parts on my own to keep any helpful people from searching and searching.

Thanks for any help.

-Chris

We have a computer section (which is where I am moving this thread to), and you can find out a lot of information there. BamaChips is one of our sponsors are deals heavily with Explorers/Rangers. They will be your best bet! :thumbsup:

-Drew

Thanks

Its hard to move around these forums.. i thought i got to the right place but thanks for moving it :D

ExplorerDMB, Drew, do you know any mountaineer owners here that have fixed them up? There seems to be -no one- with a mountaineer that feels the need to fix it up proformance wise.. 0-60 in 7.8 seconds wasn't good.

Hard to find anything for the engine but cold air and exhaust headers i think.

Anyway thanks for all the help.

-Chris

Well the good thing about moutaineers is that the Explorers are the same vehicle. So pretty much anything that'll work on that year explorer will work on your moutaineer :thumbsup:

Search around the '02-'05 modified section and you'll see a few people who can help you out

-Drew

Back