'03 Mountaineer need help modifying | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'03 Mountaineer need help modifying

Xenowolf

Reaction score
City, State
Miami, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 Mountaineer
I have a v8 03 mountaineer and my hopes for the car becoming anything more than shiny are fading. I've looked high and low for a chip and computer for my suv and have come up empty handed.

I was wondering if anyone with some extra time as well as experience could tell me what computer/chip i could get, and how much horsepower i could get from it? I'm also looking into simple things for appearance as well as some above decent speakers. I have a pretty low budget but who knows, i might give up on the idea if you jack the price up on me. lol.

Show me somethin like this if you dont mind:

1. Name of Computer $price
2. Name of chip $price
3. other stuff you think would look good.

Im open for almost any ideas.. i want to either drop or raise it a couple inches. of course whatever i get done i will show in this thread.

I feel like im mooching, just know im not demanding any info from anyone here. i would like an experienced persons opinion on what they think would do good on a mountaineer since i havent seen too many mountaineers.

Thinking back, i was offered an explorer sports trac and after seeing some fixed up ones i regret turning down that offer and taking the mountaineer simply because it was a v8.

i thank any and everyone who lends me a hand, any info you provide is useful.

Thanks,
-Chris

Back