06 Eddie Bauer Explorer Read DVD Entertainment System Question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

06 Eddie Bauer Explorer Read DVD Entertainment System Question

topnotch86

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 Eddie Bauer
I bought this truck used from a small dealer, and he only knew how to use the DVD System with the headphones...is there a way to have it play over the speakers throughout the car? Or is there a way to have the sound play through the speakers on the dvd player at least? Its the factory system that flips down from the roof. The headphones are a pain, and there are only 2 sets, any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

cant find anything anywhere on how to do this, ill play around with it some more maybe ill luck out

It plays through the speakers, I have the same unit. It may be that the front system does not know that the rear system exists.

thanks, does yours just play automatically when you turn a movie on? or do you have to press something to play on the speakers?

I thought you needed to press aux... :dunno: My HU has the aux button but no RSE so I'm just guessing

yea i tried that but it says no aux available, maybe its not hooked up correctly then. ill have to bring it by ford and see if they can fix it

DVD Player

I have an '06 Limited and it came with the DVD player installed. The DVD sound play through the radio speakers. When I put in a disc, it automatically plays. Do you still have the factory installed radio installed? My radio functions (when pressed on the steering wheel mode function, cycles AM, FM1, FM2, CD, DVD, AUX then repeats. If you look on the side of the DVD unit, you will see some connectors. One of them is the AUX, you can connect your I-pod to that play it through your stereo. I haven't used my wireless headphones, so I don't know if you have to press anything to disconnect them (maybe take the batteries out)?? Good luck, I'll look into mine a bit more and let you know if I find anything else out.

Thanks a lot man...and I do have the factory cd player still, but I do not have the steering wheel controls. On the cd player there is an aux button and when I press that it goes silent and says no aux available. I'm thinking the dvd player is set to use the headphones and I just gotta figure out how to tweak the settings a little bit. Either that or a wire cam loose somewhere and its not picking it up...I tried popping it out of the casing to take a look, but it won't budge and I don't want to break it... Anything you can come up with is greatly appreciated

If you didn't get the owner's manuals with your truck, go to motorcraftservice website and you can download them, including the DVD manual.

I tried a few things with my system and found that (without using the steering wheel controls), if you press the aux button a few times it cycles through the menu showing the DVD mode in the radio display. I also found a button on the left side (driverside) of the DVD system that displays a headphone and speaker symbol. That button may be your problem. As I stated earlier, I have never used my headphones for the system, and everything came thru the radio when I put a DVD in the slot.

Thanks a lot man...and I do have the factory cd player still, but I do not have the steering wheel controls. On the cd player there is an aux button and when I press that it goes silent and says no aux available. I'm thinking the dvd player is set to use the headphones and I just gotta figure out how to tweak the settings a little bit. Either that or a wire cam loose somewhere and its not picking it up...I tried popping it out of the casing to take a look, but it won't budge and I don't want to break it... Anything you can come up with is greatly appreciated

Which DVD player do you have? There is a factory Ford version and a Ford Accessory version.

The Accessory version is all black, centered right in the middle of the ceiling. FM 89.1 is the default setting that the DVD player will transmit in, being picked up by your fm antenna and playing audio through your speakers.

If you have the Factory DVD, it covers about the entire headliner horizontally and is beige.

Thabks everryone, tldt2003 u were right, 89.1 worked thanks again!

Back