06 intermittent no start-PATS issue? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

06 intermittent no start-PATS issue?

extsp2

Reaction score
City, State
North Easton Mass
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer EB 4.6
I have a 06 Eddie Bauer that has an intermittent crank no start that's fuel related. I have no cluster codes and the only engine code is for a solenoid pack that I know I need to replace. I know it's fuel related because when it happens the fuel pump doesn't come on, but by the time I get set up to start checking wires it starts. It seems to help to lock and unlock the doors a couple times. Anyone have experience with the PATS in the cluster causing this?

if the truck cranks but does not start then it is not pats related... if you turn the key and it does nothing it might be pats.... 99% of the time you will get the "theft detected" code when you scan the system..... same thing happens if you unplug the cluster and try starting

So the PATS won't kill just the fuel pump? Ok. There's a chance that the PCM is bad, I replaced the solenoid pack and checked connectors and ohms tested the harness and I still get my P0743 TCC code. Maybe the PCM is to blame for both issues. Anyone know where I can find the PCM connector pin diagrams?

Back