1-2,2-3 flare question

sean99

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Sunnyvale, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Limited 5.0
I have 99 with a 5r55e and a 1-2, 2-3 flare.I bought the superior kit,Ford tsb,plate,EPC and sonnax boost.I bought the truck used with a rebuilt trans.I did not see any damage to the old seperator plate gaskets and the ford tsb had already been installed.All of the solenoids are within ohm specs too.Is there anything else I should change besides what I have installed?I was hoping to find something obvious like a bad gasket for the cause of the flare.Is it common to not find anything wrong and still have a flare?I have 70k on the trans.
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I did not put it back together yet.I am waiting for advise on any other goodies I might need,but I do have my inch pound torque wrench ready.

There are alot of people that have gasket blow outs that seem to cause some of their flare problems.I didnt have a gasket blow out and this trans already had a Ford TSB in it from the previous owner.I don't want to miss anything while the valve body is still off the X.

I'd consider replacing the EPC and take a run thru the VB.

Back