• Register Today It's free!

11 XLT 202A vs Limited

justcynn

Reaction score
City, State
Little Rock, AR
Year, Model & Trim Level
11 XLT
New to your fine community. Recently took a new position and was able to negotiate a 2011 Ford Explorer as part of the comp package. My employer ordered it last week. It is an XLT FWD 202A with 20" wheels and the tow package. If I were paying for it, I would have dropped the 20" wheels and ordered everything else exactly as they did. My question is what will I be missing vs the Limited? After reading this forum, I am pleasantly surprised the 202A includes most everything we are getting excited about including the MFT system and back up camera.

My boss has a 11 Edge Limited, I went for the Explorer for the two extra seats, added towing capability and just because they look cool.

Great forum, add me to the I can't wait crowd but it sounds like patience will be important!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

New to your fine community. Recently took a new position and was able to negotiate a 2011 Ford Explorer as part of the comp package. My employer ordered it last week. It is an XLT FWD 202A with 20" wheels and the tow package. If I were paying for it, I would have dropped the 20" wheels and ordered everything else exactly as they did. My question is what will I be missing vs the Limited? After reading this forum, I am pleasantly surprised the 202A includes most everything we are getting excited about including the MFT system and back up camera.

My boss has a 11 Edge Limited, I went for the Explorer for the two extra seats, added towing capability and just because they look cool.

Great forum, add me to the I can't wait crowd but it sounds like patience will be important!
:wavey: Welcome aboard. I think the best way to compare the different modles is to go to Ford.com and check out the different models or you can have some fun and actually build them to see what each comes with.;)

Seeing how I ordered a 202A and was also looking at the base Limited model I have some knowledge on the differences. The main differences are the colored grill, body-color mirrors, 20" painted rims, push button start, key-less entry, ambient lighting and power folding mirrors. That wasn't worth $3150 in my opinion.

THE LTD HAS HEATED/COOL SEATS AND ALSO WHAT YOU HAVE MENTIONED. BUT TO BE MORE EXACT COMPARE ALL THREE LTD MODELS. MY MODEL IS IF LTD (A) MONTHLY IS 300 LTD(b) 315 LTD(c) 325 IM NOT GOING TO DEPRIVE MY SELF OF THAT FULLY LOADED LTD I WORK HARD VERY HARD AND I DESERVE IT. AND THE 302A PK HAS POLISHED RIMS!!
DO YOUR HOME WORK !!! NO PUN INTENTED

To set the record straight, the 302a package doesn't include the polished rims..they are a stand alone option. I chose not to get them on my ltd.

I dont want to up set you i have orderd the 2011 explorer golden bronze with the pecan interior 302a with out the dvd player. And yes its a stand alone option. So plz dont get upset i did not mean for that sorry :). I orderd mine 1/5 came in 2/18 i went to see it 2/19 will pick it up on 2/21 its awesome. Email seni and she will follow up for you and give you the status on your build!! Enjoy its the best explorer ever..

In addition to the list already started on limited extras; remote start, 10 way drivers seat, block heater (north), premium radio 12 speakers,110volt power supply, air compressor

Seeing how I ordered a 202A and was also looking at the base Limited model I have some knowledge on the differences. The main differences are the colored grill, body-color mirrors, 20" painted rims, push button start, key-less entry, ambient lighting and power folding mirrors. That wasn't worth $3150 in my opinion.

I did the same. As cbx1047 mentioned, there are a few more toys on the list.

For me, it came down to not being worth the extra...and I may be in the minority, but I don't like the body color grill on this new model.

To set the record straight, the 302a package doesn't include the polished rims..they are a stand alone option. I chose not to get them on my ltd.

Hey, I'm not upset, just wanted to have accurate info for those reading the post. Love your color combo, especially the pecan interior. I'm sure you will love it!

Back