• Register Today It's free!

18" wheels 33" tires?

freak007

Reaction score
City, State
Northern MN (currently in Iraq)
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Mountaineer
I have a 2001 ST, 3" body lift, TT front, and shackles on the back. Looking to get 18" wheels, but don't know the correct offset/backspacing. Looking to run 275/70/R18's on the wheels; tires have 7.5-9" allowable rim width. Have been looking for months, and haven't been able to get a solid answer from anybody. Would appreciate any help you can give me!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Go with 285's or a 33" tire. I wish I could help with offset and backspacing. My wheels are 17x9 Helo MAXX6 if that helps.

Well, if you plan to buy the wheels at a local shop. Go down there and see if they will do a test fit of them for you.

Thanks for the suggestions... The reason 275/70/18s were chosen was for the wide tire selection, also these wheels/tires will be street tires on a DD, so mileage (AKA rotating weight) is a concern... The offroad tires for this truck are 33x12.5 (?) on 15" rims... The more I look the more it seems that 18s just might not be an option. If that is the case 17s are the next choice, but then I will have to go through the whole tire selection process again...

As for a test fit... any rims chosen will be special ordered, once they have had rubber mounted on them they are mine (welcome to small town USA)... Hence the reason we want to get this right the first time ;) ...

I am running a 33x12.5x17's with a 0 off set wheel(9 inch wide)on mine. I only have TT done with some triming in the front. I do still rub a little in the rear of the front fender and on the sway bar at full lock. You shouldn't need to trim with the BL and TT. Hope this helps and be safe over there!!!!

Wondering if the 18 wheels on the newer sport tracs fits an 02 model? Any thoughts?

Wondering if the 18 wheels on the newer sport tracs fits an 02 model? Any thoughts?
They will look weird because they have the wrong offset.

It would be like putting front wheel drive wheels on your Sport Trac.

Back