• Register Today It's free!

1997 Explorer lift options

badmotorscooter

Reaction score
City, State
riverside, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 explorer
Ive been looking around alot and I have not been able to find a lift kit for a 1997 Explorer. I want about 4 inches. Any helpwould be greatly appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Go with the typical 2" torsion twist, Warrior shackles, and a 2"body lift. Maybe add an Add-a-leaf if you want it a little higher in the rear. Thats the same set up I have and I love it. If you are going to do it yourself it shouldn't cost you but about $200 for all the parts. Good luck.

Please do a search for "torsion twist", "warrior shackles", and body lift. there are numerous people with the setup that you have described (myself included once i get my body lift installed in a few weeks)

Does anyone know where my friend can get a front isolator pad that the super lift 4 inch kit calls for, for the 1997.

1997 Mountaineer Mods

A Newbie here....(Pls be gentle!) Hope no one minds that I have a Mountaineer
and not an Explorer....It was about $12K cheaper than the EB similarly equipped.

It now has about 195K miles and it is time to do some work. I have recently replaced the front hubs and rebuilt the front differential (bearings went!)

While I'm in there, I am going to do the Torsion Twist (I think I need to replace
a bar) and put Warrior shackles in the rear and then I need to decide on Tires
(gonna keep the 15" wheels so it looks like 31/10.5-15s are the place to go.)

What I would like to know is, what is the part # for the Warrior shackles?
I found WAR153 for 1.25" of lift(as quoted by the Mfr.) I have seen other references to 2.5" and 3" lift shackles....I'm confused....Is this summarized anywhere?

seanthenerd said:
Lift for 97 explorer

Superlift 4" Suspension Lift fits 96-2001 explorers

cost = $1500

availible from

www.truckperformance.com
did you have to buy the optional differential isolator pad

i need a lift that will keep me from getting stuck... ive had my left rear wheel off the ground and have been un able to go anywhere due to not having a locking diff in either the front or rear

If its a 2wd model then I would suggest a pair of Fabtech lift spindles. 500 out the door for 3.5 inches and the install is cake!

edit*well it seems you have 4wd so never mind, sorry. Dixon brothers has extended control arms that run a torsion bar replacing coilover. Or RCD makes one as well that replaces the torsion but with stock control arms.

wat do u think would be best cause i found a 4" lift by bds suspension and it seems like it would work but im gonna have to replace my front drive shaft

Back