• Register Today It's free!

2" lift?

paperjam

Reaction score
City, State
N.E. Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT
I have seen several references to a coil spacer made by Ford and shackles that will give my 92' a 2 in. lift. Does anyone have the part number for the spacers? And are the shackles made for the explorer specific, or are they a generic item? I am thinking of putting this stuff on ASAP. So any help is appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey paperjam, since nobody said anything I would suggest buying the 2" lift springs and single add-a-leaf the cost is a little higher but it is way better. I had this the first time I lifted my X and it was a vast improvement over the factory suspention.

Hi and Welcome to the site.
The shackles are specific for the Explorer. They are from Warrior Industries and run about 50 bucks.
It is actually 1.5" lift. Stock shackles are 5.5", the Warriors are 8.5" you get half the differance in lift, because you are only lifting one side of the springs. 3" differance and half of that is 1.5".
I don't remember the part number right off hand, but if you do a search for "Warrior shackles" it is listed many times here on the site.
The spacers are F-150 coil spacers, and you can get them from the local auto store.
I see that HI-vac answered and I agree with him on the 2" lifted front springs, but IMHO the shackles are better than add-a-leafs. Just my opinion Hi-vac. :)

just to add to Ray's post a little..........

The shackles are Warrior #WAR153 and the coil spacers are coil adapters for '96 F150 2WD (available from the dealer also for cheap).

when I add the 2" coils up front, is there anything else I would need to add? Where can I get the coils?

Coil Spacers you can get from your local Ford Dealer for less than $50. Just go up and ask for F-150 coil spacers. Shackles can be ordered from places like 4wheelparts, desertrat, macormotive and tellico4x4. I would go with skyjacker coils and the procomp add-a-leaf if I was you, gives you close to 2 inches of lift and a much better ride than a stock explorer...

Edit: Nothin else you need to add, just be careful with sterring linkages and your shock mounts and you should be just fine.

alignment

Don't forget to have your truck aligned after you do the suspension work.

And it is my understanding that they will need to add a different..??..something, when they do the alignment which makes it a bit pricey.....~$150 or so

I haven't done this lift but have been thinking about it and that is some info that i have gathered around the site

Can aney one come up with the ford pn#. My local dealer can not seem o find them i need the to level out my wifes X.The 5.5 SKYJACKER started to sag after the MILEMARKER 12k winch was installed im not realy fond of Daystar poly crap spacers and none of the outher copines i deal with sell spacer for the X or ford ranger and I real dont want to half to replace the 3 week old coials with custom ones .

ERIC
S_N_E ENT
WOODLAND OFF ROAD

For spacers, what is better? Metal like the F-150's or poly? Anyone know where I can buy add-a-leafs? I thought AALs only added 1.25", not 2"...am I wrong? I want a balanced 2" lift, front and back, and I think, not sure, that poly spacers are closer to 2" than F-150 spacers, and that shackles give more lift than AALs...?

Get shackles, besides being cheaper, they're easier to install. And don't worry about the front being higher than the rear, your front end is lower than your rear right now unless you've already change out your front springs. Also with the spacers...I think you need longer bolts to go with them.

Back