• Register Today It's free!

2000 Ranger XLT

mx_racer_14

Reaction score
City, State
Red Bluff, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ranger XLT
I bought my truck in October this year, and I love it. I was considering a jeep or explorer, but wanted the bed to haul things like my bike without always having to hook up a trailor. It also makes a much better daily driver than my mustang.

Eventually I'd like a lift and some 33/12.50 goodyear MT/R but that may be a while.

Here is the link to my cardomain page which should have pics up soon.

My Ranger

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

CONGRATS, IT WILL BE AN AWESOME TRUCK.....

sorry didnt realize caps lock was still on

I see a lot of potential! :D Is that on the way to Shasta (the pic on your site)?

Actually the pic was taken in the south entrance to lassen park.

hey section,
you ever have problems with your tires rubbing? being stuck 4 times in one week has really encouraged me to either fix my winch and buy a bumper to mount it or get a 3 inch bodylift and 33's (along with doing a torsion twist most likely)
of course this all may lead to just getting stuck in deeper snow...unless i get the winch...:rolleyes:

Winches are a big help!!! but if clearance is an issuse then your gonna want to lift and get some meaty tires.

Originally posted by mx_racer_14
hey section,
you ever have problems with your tires rubbing? being stuck 4 times in one week has really encouraged me to either fix my winch and buy a bumper to mount it or get a 3 inch bodylift and 33's (along with doing a torsion twist most likely)
of course this all may lead to just getting stuck in deeper snow...unless i get the winch...:rolleyes:

Nope, I never rub. :cool: I'll rub in the rear only with both sway bars off and maxing out the suspension (in the rest stop parking lot :cool: ). Get the lift, we'll help put it on. We're doing a 4" suspension on my buddy's F150 sometime over break.

Deciding on lift and size of tires...

Well I think I decided on a TT up front and AAL in the rear. may be a month or two before I can order them, and who knows, I may change my mind before I get the money.

I'm trying to stay away from a body lift, and will eventually get the RCD lift kit, was thinking of going SAS, but I'll get a different vehicle for that since mostly my truck will just see mud and snow and some hills but nothing that would absolutely necesitate a Solid Axle.

I'm not sure on what tire size I'll run yet, but considering that DesertSpive was able to run 33x10.50's on his 02 at stock height, I'm hoping to get 12.50's although i'll probably rub a little from the extra width...ok, maybe a lot but if i do i'll go with the 32x11.50's.

Any suggestions as to what tire size I should get?

44x14.5 swampers is what id go with. with a torsion twist, and a little bit of trimming ( like removing the bed and nose) it shouldent rub too bad ;). a friend of mine has a 2000 ranger with a 3 inch body lift, no torsion twist, and 33x11.5's and they dont rub too bad ( a little bit on the torsion bars i think, but never on the fenders). that truck does pretty good off road, and looks pretty cool too. if the boggers seem like a little much for ya, get a set of 33x11.5 BFG mud terrains. have fun man!

That looks like its by Sacred Heart school. :D Lookin good! Whens the lift go in?? :cool:

Yup it is, Not sure on the lift, Insurance is up in april so i have to get the money for that first, think i saw you thursday, your x looks good if it was you headed south at the corner of main and luther

:exporange The Lift is going in ASAP, I'm looking for an AAL for the rear right now, and I'll be doing a TT up front to level it out, I'm hoping to get Really close to atleast 2 inches of lift. I broke my fog light last night on a 1' to 2' bank coming out of a creek :banghead: , So I figured it's time to lift it before not having a lift costs me more money from scraping and landing on things. Also I'll be going to 265/75/16 or 285/75/16 in the fall for a little more traction as well! :bounce:

Hey, I turned 21 today!!! :chug:

About Time

Wow, it's been a long time since I posted last. For all those out there that care I did the Torsion Twist on my truck tonight...Finally. :D

So far I like it, I tested it out on our ATV track next to my house and I like the stiffer set up and the leveled out look. :thumbsup:

I'm supposed to get my new tires in the next two weeks so we'll see what happens there. Last time I said that it took me 6 months to do anything! :p

Hopefully I'll have some pics I can post on my site by tommorrow morning. :)

Half my truck is lifted and just sitting on it's mounts and I have yet to start the bed....We broke a bolt and can't get it out of the stock nut so I don't know what I'm gonna do for that... I do like how the body lift is looking up front so far with the Torsion Twist, and If you read this Section my tires are on backorder but supposedly I'll have them next week, and I had some financial issues come up so I didn't get the superlift, but I'll need some guys to go check out the new tires and extra clearance with though.

I'll be in town from pretty much this weekend until Oct 5th or so. :cool: I'll have to throw my driveshaft back in. :D What tires and size did you order?

285 Dick Cepek FC ll's basicaly a 33x11.50. My rims are in, but no tires :fire: I really want to hurry up and get them to see how they look on the truck and to go test them out cause almost anything is gonna be better than the tires I have now.

Oh, I took my sway bar off the other day and went out to see how it did. It leans quite a bit around corners, but no worse than my dad's land cruiser and the extra 2-3 inches of wheel travel was worth it, and it's smoother when I hit bumps now too. :D

IT IS DONE, Pics will be up on my site soon, Just waiting on tires.....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back