• Register Today It's free!

2001 sport trac grille removal

01Strac

Reaction score
City, State
Bainbridge Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport Trac
How do you take the grille out of a 2001 sport trac or is there a how to on it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Easiest way is to simply remove the complete bumper cover. That's just a couple bolts on top (connected to the rad support), one on each side (connected to the fenders), and a couple on bottom (connected to the lower splash pan. If you want to gain access to install lghts behind the grille then you can just remove the top bolts and peel back the bumper cover.

You don't have to take the bumper off. I got mine out without it. Pop the hood removed the 4 screws at very front of the plastic cover in front of the radiator and above the headlights and then 2 more on the back of that. There are 4 plastic pins at the bottom of the grille, pop the center out of them with a flathead screw driver and pry them out with it, with a little wiggling you'll be able to pull it up and out without removing the bumper.

There are also two more screws that hold the Ford emblem on, I almost forgot about them.

See step 6 of that. Those are the four screws. The grille is only about an inch an a half wide so it's not hard at all to put out without removing the bumper cover. It's your call though, this I just how I did mine.

Back