2003 explorer p0175 code

jcraft

Reaction score
City, State
Buffalo , ny
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 limited
Hi all,

Have the v6 4.0Ltr engine 70k miles. Over the winter we had an issue happen twice in 4 months. The engine seemed to be misfiring badly and the service engine light was flashing which manual says is a misfire. Happened each time for a few miles sporadically then was gone. That was 3 months ago. Seems to run fine after that. About 2 months ago it happened once where at an idle at stoplight it was running a bit Rough until we took off,no service lite came on. Then it has been fine. About a month ago it was due for inspection. Mechanic advised plugs were worn and gap w a s almost .080". So I changed plugs and wires. Has been driving great for a month even pulling a 3500 lb camper through the hills. Then the other other day at a stoplight it started running a bit Rough and the service soon light came on and now it is on steady for the past 3 days. Seems to run fine though . AutoZone read codes and only a p0175 error is in there. I researched the error but was wondering with all the details I provided someone may be able to narrow down what may be causing it. Thx for help.

Back