2003 Ford Explorer XLT - New Member | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2003 Ford Explorer XLT - New Member

jvmesplay

Reaction score
City, State
West Fork, AR
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer XLT V6 Flex
Hello guys! First off, I know nothing about this vehicle and I REALLY don't know forum etiquette so please be patient with me! :) Long post, but won't be in the future!

Details first: I can't make sense of exactly what package I have. From the VIN, I believe it's an NBX but I have been able to find one on the web that matches mine. Assuming it's aftermarket changes from salvage, etc.

I'm happy to provide the VIN if that's appropriate.
2003 Explorer XLT V6 Flex 4.0 L
Aspen Green
4 doors
4x4
NBX trim (I think) but basket is gone
2nd row 60/40 lays flat into the floor
3rd row brackets but no seat
sunroof
Leather seats (thinking these may not be original?)
Tan carpet (think its Medium Parchment)
No mats at all of course

I'm picking her an on Tuesday. She's getting a new tranny before I bring her home. She's straight with no accident reports I can find, but has not been loved. Paint looks thirsty, carpets look like a middle school dance floor and seats, well...lots of cleaning and conditioning to preserve what I can.

I've NEVER owned a Ford, haha, but I was raised with 6 older brothers and married to a machinist for 25 years, so I've lived my life around cars! I lost Jim eight years ago to colon cancer. He took my "security blanket" for all things cars with him.

Saying all this to state, I know enough to understand most lingo, but I'm not wrench turner, ha! I'd fit more in the detailing side of things! I will not post much because I'm here to learn. Thank you so much for already giving many tips on working smarter not harder!

Vicky
(Again, won't be so wordy after this introduction!)

Gypsy Front Seats.JPG Gypsy.JPG

Attachments

• Gypsy Front Seats.JPG
    Gypsy Front Seats.JPG
    187.1 KB · Views: 54

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello guys! First off, I know nothing about this vehicle and I REALLY don't know forum etiquette so please be patient with me! :) Long post, but won't be in the future!

Details first: I can't make sense of exactly what package I have. From the VIN, I believe it's an NBX but I have been able to find one on the web that matches mine. Assuming it's aftermarket changes from salvage, etc.

I'm happy to provide the VIN if that's appropriate.
2003 Explorer XLT V6 Flex 4.0 L
Aspen Green
4 doors
4x4
NBX trim (I think) but basket is gone
2nd row 60/40 lays flat into the floor
3rd row brackets but no seat
sunroof
Leather seats (thinking these may not be original?)
Tan carpet (think its Medium Parchment)
No mats at all of course

I'm picking her an on Tuesday. She's getting a new tranny before I bring her home. She's straight with no accident reports I can find, but has not been loved. Paint looks thirsty, carpets look like a middle school dance floor and seats, well...lots of cleaning and conditioning to preserve what I can.

I've NEVER owned a Ford, haha, but I was raised with 6 older brothers and married to a machinist for 25 years, so I've lived my life around cars! I lost Jim eight years ago to colon cancer. He took my "security blanket" for all things cars with him.

Saying all this to state, I know enough to understand most lingo, but I'm not wrench turner, ha! I'd fit more in the detailing side of things! I will not post much because I'm here to learn. Thank you so much for already giving many tips on working smarter not harder!

Vicky
(Again, won't be so wordy after this introduction!)

View attachment 422896 View attachment 422897
Welcome to the EX Files!! Yours looks dreamy compared to my 99 Rustbucket Edition.. The folks here are very friendly and knowledgable. Feel free to ask anything about yer Jalopy, Someone almost ALWAYS has an answer

Welcome to the EX Files!! Yours looks dreamy compared to my 99 Rustbucket Edition.. The folks here are very friendly and knowledgable. Feel free to ask anything about yer Jalopy, Someone almost ALWAYS has an answer
Thank you! I've been stalking since I decided to buy her. It's obvious this is a great place for lots of info and tips, from really nice folks!

Welcome Vicky.

Back