2004 sport trac fuel filter replacement | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2004 sport trac fuel filter replacement

FixedOrRepaireD

Reaction score
i cant find anything on the web or youtube with pictures showing how to replace the fuel filter on my 04 sport trac. i have finally narrowed down that one end needs a special tool to remove the fuel line but the other end has some kind of green clip that i cant really get close enough to see how it works. anyone???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

mine was a really stiff push button style release. good luck you'll need it

You'll need the aluminum colored anodized tool and some WD40 or PB Blaster to clean out the clip fittings (debris gets in there and blocks the clips from moving freely when removing).

IIRC, you need the 3/8" tool for your '04 ST. Be patient and safe.

http://www.mysporttrac.com/shared/m...itename=mysporttrac&LAST=6/16/2011_9:33:57_AM

Thanks everyone! Everything has been very helpful but I'm still concerned about how to manipulate the green clip on the intake (gas tank) end- I dont want to get started and break it! Cant understand why there are two different fittings on either end of the filter. I have a good idea how to work the end that uses the tool; its a similar setup to one I've done before.

Back