2005 Explorer Eddie Bauer. DVD/Aux source problem. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2005 Explorer Eddie Bauer. DVD/Aux source problem.

Railroader74

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Explorer
I have a 2005 EB Explorer with the Audiophile 6-Disc changer/factory sub/sat hookup (not used) and the rear seat factory DVD player. I run an RCA cable from the aux input jack to my iPod and change the audio source to "aux" Everything was working fine until today when I went to change the source from the radio to aux but the neither the aux or video source would appear in the stereo display and when I attempted to turn on the DVD player with the remote or from the DVD unit itself nothing happens. The AM/FM and CD player still function perfectly fine. Anyone ever have or hear of a similar problem and/or know of a solution? I rarely listen to the radio or use CD's anymore so this is very frustrating. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated..thanks!

I got the same problem....did you fix yours?

Nope..It's still not working. Did you get yours to work??

I did try another factory head unit and it still did not work so it's definelty an issue with the DVD unit. The backlight in the DVD player still lights up so there is power getting getting back there. Other than ebay where I found the whole unit (in grey, mine's tan) I have yet to find another retailer that sells the whole thing. I'm considering just purchasing the Clarion NX501 and figuring out a way to run video to the factory screen. I really don't want to purchase an aftermarket head unit and lose the rear seat functionality so I'm kinda at a crossroads right now. I'm going crazy without being able to listen to my ipod in the car (FM transmitters suck)

Back