2007 2wd Front-end clunk and TSB 10022756 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2007 2wd Front-end clunk and TSB 10022756

dla

Reaction score
City, State
NW Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 2wd, 2.3, 5spd man
I've had a front-end clunk from day one. This TSB may be the answer.

Make : FORD Model : RANGER Year : 2007 Manufacturer : FORD MOTOR COMPANY Service Bulletin Num : 19844 Date of Bulletin: JUN 01, 2007 NHTSA Item Number: 10022756 Component: STEERING:LINKAGES:TIE ROD ASSEMBLY Summary:
SOME 2007 RANGER - POP, CLUNK, AND/OR CLICK NOISE FROM STEERING. *NJ

Has anyone had experience with this TSB? I have a passenger-side "clunk" on the rebound after going over a speed bump. Driver's side is solid and quiet.

I've contacted the dealer (Dick McKenzie Ford) but they don't want to answer.

Keep on 'em.....front end clunks are quite common on these vehicles...the dealer should be able to deal with the issue since the vehicle is relatively new and likely under warranty. You typically won't get a dealer to confirm there is a problem...they'll simply deal with yours as if it's the first time they've ever seen the issue.

I've been to the dealer twice 1 week after I purchased the truck. The dealer did not fix it.

I figured there would be a TSB eventually and now I think I've got something for them to work with.

If I had a penny for every time I heard the dealer say "it's a normal characteristic of this vehicle" I'd be rich. Don't take 'no' for an answer. Try another dealer. Ford is forcing the consumer to absorb the cost of product inconsistencies and lack of testing.

Back