2007 Explorer EB 4.0 Battery problem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2007 Explorer EB 4.0 Battery problem

Tpresher

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 ford explorer
I was on a trip when I had some drained battery problems. Ended up being a Bad Battery and needed a new Alternator. That is what the O'riley tech said. So I installed the new equipment and everything was working well. About 4 days later while driving down the road the battery light came on, and the A/C blower barley worked. I had the lights on as it was dusk and they were dim. I turned off the lights and the A/C in case my Alternator was bad again I could salvage as much battery as i could until I got home. While driving home in this condition the ABS and the Traction control indicator lights would flash on and off, and then go off. At this point all the indicator lights would go off for a few seconds and then the Battery light and Traction and ABS lights would all come on and the sequence would repeat. Once I got home I turned off the vehicle and started it back up again. The battery cranked right up.

Any ideas of what is going on???

Pull the DTC's and see what all you have stored in the system. Maybe a corroded connection/s at the battery and alternator?

I was sold a faulty alternator. Took it back for another one. Runs fine now.

Thanks

Back