• Register Today It's free!

2016 Sport back up cam question

Bill McCall

Reaction score
City, State
Columbus, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Sport
I traded my 2013 Escape for a 2016 Explorer. Just got back from a 2000 mile road trip. Love the vehicle. One weird thing. I must be missing something, but on my escape the guidelines on the camera moved to show you the projected path when you turn the steering wheel. On my Explorer the lines don't change. Hard to believe a new more expensive vehicle doesn't have a feature as good. Am I missing a setting?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Depends on the sub fleet of Explorer. Also what camera you have. Do you have the 4.2" screen display of the 8" (SYNC3) It may not be a setting at all. User page shows you have a Sport so that should come with them. Check out page 203 ish for the 2016 Owners manual I believe there is a setting but not sure what it is. Mine came pre loaded with the active guidelines.

Explorers only come with active guidelines if it they have active park assist.

Make a note of pg. 203 Active Guidelines....(IF EQUIPPED) I can't speak for 2016 models and my window sticker only says...("Rear View Camera") I have the active guidelines set but I didn't do anything. The only thing I can think of is not installed. A dealer visit should be able to tell you yes no on having the active guidelines. I am pretty sure that the Active Park Assist (parallel parking) definitely has the active guidelines but don't quote me.

Must be a 2016 thing, my 2018 Sport has the Predictive Path Turn guidelines and NO APA. I have the enhanced park aid for and corner ultrasonic sensors.

Just checked the service manual...16 only has them if it has active park assist. 17 and up they changed it...can have active guidelines without active park assist.

Just checked the service manual...16 only has them if it has active park assist. 17 and up they changed it...can have active guidelines without active park assist.

I do have active park assist. (At least there is a button for it) I had the park assist on my 2013 escape and only used it two or three times.

We gained active guidelines but apparently lost the power adjustable pedals. Always trading something. Hell even the 2018 Expediton XLT 200A package had power adjustable pedals AND electric parking brake. Hopefully on the 2020 model. Ford IVT if your trolling the forums. Hint hint!!

I do have active park assist. (At least there is a button for it) I had the park assist on my 2013 escape and only used it two or three times.

I would test out the APA and see if it works or you get an error.

Back