2018 Ford explorer speakers

Warman5669

Reaction score
City, State
Toledo, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer
XLT
My stock speakers are going bad and I'm looking to replace them. What are the best speakers to buy with easy installation! Looking for speakers that would sound great but trying not to go over $100 a pair.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My stock speakers are going bad and I'm looking to replace them. What are the best speakers to buy with easy installation! Looking for speakers that would sound great but trying not to go over $100 a pair.
You can have great sounding speakers or you can have those that sound like less than $100 speakers, but you can't have both.

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
If you go to the top right of the page and use the Search feature on speaker upgrades and choose search the Threads, you will find many, many threads on the topic.

Peter

I have a thread about how did all speakers on my 18. A search will find it.

Another question if someone can help me. There's 2 sites that says different sizes for speakers in the explorer. Amazon says 6x8 fits my explorer and I site says 6x9 fits. Which size truly fits a 2018 explorer?

Another question if someone can help me. There's 2 sites that says different sizes for speakers in the explorer. Amazon says 6x8 fits my explorer and I site says 6x9 fits. Which size truly fits a 2018 explorer?
I did a Search and found MM07's thread on speaker replacement. I'm not sure if the Limited and XLT have the same size and/or if it depends on which audio system you have.

Peter

Crutchfield says 6x9 for Sony and Regular system.
But you can put in 6 1/2, 6 3/4 or 6x9 with adapters.
Crutchfield has the front door Rockford Fosgate Components R1675-S for $80 on sale.
The R1675X2 for the rear for $70.
Plus they have all the adapters and wiring harness'.

Fritz

Match up the ohm rating or they will sound like crap. Some oem systems have a strange ohm rating to purposely make it difficult to swap out speakers, i.e. the Ford Mach 460 or the Infiniti Bose systems from awhile back.

Crutchfield says 6x9 for Sony and Regular system.
But you can put in 6 1/2, 6 3/4 or 6x9 with adapters.
Crutchfield has the front door Rockford Fosgate Components R1675-S for $80 on sale.
The R1675X2 for the rear for $70.
Plus they have all the adapters and wiring harness'.

Fritz
Thank you!

Back