20x10 wheels on a 2014 Ford Explorer AWD | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

20x10 wheels on a 2014 Ford Explorer AWD

72skytop

Reaction score
City, State
Evansville, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Limited
I am considering ordering these wheels for my 2014 Ford Explorer AWD. It was born with 20x8.5 wheels but they are in in terrible shape. Only reason I am considering 20x10's is because this model of wheel is discontinued in 20x8.5.

Has anyone put 20x10's on their 2014 Explorer on the front AND back? If so, what tire size are you running? Do they rub?

Here are the dimensions:

Brand: Vision
Style: V325 Dazzler
Size: 20x10
Bolt Pattern: 5x114.3 (5x4.5")
Offset: +35mm
Backspacing: 7"
Hub Bore: 83mm
Finish: Gloss Black/Machine

I wish I could post a picture that I saved to my computer but I can't figure out how to do it.

Here is a link to the wheels I am considering:

Vision Wheel V325-2165BMF35 V325 Dazzler 20x10 5x4.5" +35mm Black/machined Wheel Rim 20" Inch

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
An Elite Explorer membership ($20) will let you post pictures from your device and it's the only method I've used until now.
As an experiment, I clicked on "Insert image" icon (picture frame) and used it to post the wheel you mentioned.
wheel2.jpg

The tire you plan to use should not exceed the maximum diameter variance of the OEM by 3% as a general rule.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
An Elite Explorer membership ($20) will let you post pictures from your device and it's the only method I've used until now.
As an experiment, I clicked on "Insert image" icon (picture frame) and used it to post the wheel you mentioned.
View attachment 449493
The tire you plan to use should not exceed the maximum diameter variance of the OEM by 3% as a general rule.

Peter
I am using the same diameter of 20 inches. I am considering changing the width from 8.5 to 10 inches. The backspacing on the 8.5 wheel is 4.75 inches and the backspacing on the 10 inch wheel is 7 inches.

If I sign up for $20, is that for a year? Will it also get rid of the annoying and hard to type around pop up ads?

I am using the same diameter of 20 inches. I am considering changing the width from 8.5 to 10 inches. The backspacing on the 8.5 wheel is 4.75 inches and the backspacing on the 10 inch wheel is 7 inches.

If I sign up for $20, is that for a year? Will it also get rid of the annoying and hard to type around pop up ads?
Yes, that is per year but every year so far there has been a 2 for 1 special around Black Friday, Cyber Monday.
It will get rid of ads etc, Check out the link.

Peter

Back