33's and 3.73..... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

33's and 3.73.....

I'm surprised at your post FROADER, I didn't think you'd come down on us po' boys like that. :eek: :)D)

I take mine anywhere my truck will fit honestly, hill climbing, mudding, all sorts of things... but I do limit the crawling and such (the places where the steep gears are all but required). Were it possible, I'd have 4.56 in a flash - lockers too - but it's not in the cards man. 33's and 3.73 gets it done for me, whether it's "perfect" or not is a different ball of wax.

I have to agree, with 31's i had a few issues with 3.73's trying to climb the steeper stuff, but my next 2 runs with my new 33's will be limited to 3.73's unfortunatly. I feel that a lift to save my new tires trumps gearing at this point

im glad someone dug this up. its almost time i regear and i got a hefty raise at work so its deffidently going to happen in the next month or so. i've bin tossing the idea around of just doing an sas and getting geared then because i need to replace my front diff (damned rough country) but i think im just going for a new diff and gears. im thinking 4.88 and a 35's. but one day i might run some 37's or bigger and see how much it takes to kill the front suspension so i might go lower. anyone know if theres a front straight axle that i can use for an sas one day and keap the gears from the stock suspension?

Back