• Register Today It's free!

3rd Gen Steering Wheel Controls

White97Jimmy

Reaction score
City, State
Detroit, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Dodge Charger RT AWD
Anyone know how to make the 3rd gen steering wheel controls work with an aftermarket radio?

Specifically, I'm looking to make my volume control work on my Pioneer HU. I could care less about the other button.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

they're designed to work specificaly with the factory stereo. There is NO way to make them work. Sorry man.

I've heard otherwise

Nevermind...found it

yea..you can make them work..but is it worth $200 or so bucks to have the use of 4 buttons????thats why i didnt get it done to mine....

Crutchfield sells little kits that do it. At least for 2nd gens.

You mean this?
7044101_ra.jpg

forgot, $70 at bestbuy.com

How many of the buttons can be used? My 98 has four; two for volume, mode, and next track. I haven't seen an aftermarket HU which is double DIN that I liked. If there was one, I'd think about it. Regards,

those kits require the HU you are trying to control to have a remote with it. It basically takes the input from the steering wheel control and replicates the IR signal that would come from the remote for a given function. When you mount it, you have to have line of site between the little light thingy at the end of the adapter and the face plate.

I just ordered that PAC SWI-2 Steering Wheel Radio Control Interface from ebay. I should receive it toady, but i dont want it. $20 shipped to anyone who wants it. I don't know what systems its compatible with...

SOLD

Back