4x4 module question.

joeindunsmuir

Reaction score
City, State
Dunsmuir
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Ford Explorer XLT
4x4 light stuck on

hi im new to this site i recently purchased a 94 explorer with push button 4x4 an i was messing with it by pushing the button engaing it in 4h and 4l an it was working then it just stopped and the light came on but i didnt hear the transfer case engage and now the light is stuck on help? is there a electronic module somewhere in the truck? what could it be any help would be greatly appreciated

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

4x4 module location

i own a 94 explorer and love it and my question is where is the electronic module for the truck what does it look like ans i would like to say hello to all the explorer fans out there im new 2 this 4x4e thing but i already have fallen in love with this truck

ok i found the 4x4 module should the led be lit? is there a test switch?

yes. Its on the underside. I think you are supposed to remove the two plugs and then press it. If it flashes 4? times the module is good (and therefore the signal from the dash switches good, maybe?).

4x4 module test

ive located the module and with the ign on the led wasnt lit but when i pushed the test switch the led lit up does this mean the module is good or bad

Back