• Register Today It's free!

4x4 not working

junedow

Reaction score
City, State
Las Vegas,Nevada
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 explorer
hello everyone thanks for reading this.i have a 96 explorer sport 4.0 5speed manual 4x4.the thing will not go into 4x4.low or auto,it doesnt feel like its locked up and the light doesnt come on the dash? i know the lights work they come on for a secound when you first start the vehicle.any info is much appericated asi dont even know where to start with the 4x4 system

Remove the transfer case shift motor, plug wire back in , see if the motor will move when 4x4 low is selected on the dash, check all positions.

hello everyone thanks for reading this.i have a 96 explorer sport 4.0 5speed manual 4x4.the thing will not go into 4x4.low or auto,it doesnt feel like its locked up and the light doesnt come on the dash? i know the lights work they come on for a secound when you first start the vehicle.any info is much appericated asi dont even know where to start with the 4x4 system

Dominican's x did this on a trail ride... Wouldn't come out of low... Try unhooking the battery for a few and see what it does...fixed his(after two hours of work)

Back