5R55E - Code P0741

bcboy4ca

Reaction score
City, State
Chilliwack, BC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT
Hello,

I recently got the flashing OD light :mad: on my way home the other night. I scanned the truck and got code P0741. I cleared the code and went and got the tranny system flushed, on my way home from the flush I got the flashing light again (scanned and came up with the same code). Even when the light is flashing the truck still shifts through all the gears and the overdrive still turns off and on. The only thing I really notice is that the shifts are much harder when the code is triggered.

I found www.800700tran.com and found a VB with all six solenoids and wiring harness for $89.99 w/a 5 year warranty. I am thinking about buying this as well as a Transgo Shift Kit. I just want to get some opinions on whether or not this is a good way to go and if it will possibly fix my problems.

Thanks in advance,

Grant

After reading some posts regarding 800700tran.com I decided to spend the extra $ and buy a rebuilt VB from Donnie at www.centralvalvebodies.com

I mentioned that I was a member of this forum and got the VB for $229.99, this comes with a new EPC solenoid and Sonnax updates. I should have it by the end of the week or the beginning of next week.

Back