5R55E no park, no reverse, shifter is off one | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5R55E no park, no reverse, shifter is off one

cdawall

Reaction score
City, State
EAFB, SD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ranger
I am trying to figure out what is wrong with my 2005 Ranger's 5R55E. Driving it to Texas this winter I blew a tire, came off the road into a ditch and about a foot of snow. Somehow in that period of time I lost park, reverse and the gear selector is off/hard to move into the park detent.

Going through the PRND21, park is hard to get into and doesn't engage the tooth, R is neutral, N is drive which appears to be fully functional, D is 2nd and 2nd is 1st along with 1st being 1st. I already attempted to adjust the cable and it didn't help any. Manually shifting the lever didn't change anything, park is still hard to get into and wont hold the truck.

Any ideas?

With the cable disco'd from the gear selector on the transmission and manually moving the linkage its still off. Wouldn't those only affect it if it was the cable itself?

Maybe it's the shift motor. Damaged it during the wreck. parts lot will have those for cheap.

Back