Not open for further replies.

celly

disturber of the peace
Reaction score
City, State
calgary
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 eb 5.0 awd
I've got an email in to James, but I thought I'd ask others as well. For those of you with both 89 and 91 (or 93) tunes, do you notice much of a "degradation" of performance when using an 89 tune? I've been using 91 tunes for so long and love them. I recently started using one of James' tunes (after using Bama for a long time) and love it. I'm just looking at saving a few $$$ by using 89 more often, but I don't want to sacrifice much in the way of performance. I've used 87 tunes in the past, and they don't inspire confidence. I've never used an 89 before. Is is worthwhile, or will I be disappointed after being spoiled by 91 tunes for so many years?

Thanks in advance.

I got the 89 & 91 from James

I'd stick with the 91, not like it's costing us that much more at the pumps for the performance.

Then again, I use my X for towing though.

I got the 89 & 91 from James

I'd stick with the 91, not like it's costing us that much more at the pumps for the performance.

Then again, I use my X for towing though.

$0.08/litre is the difference I'd save which can add up, especially on road trips. I only use Shell gas and that's the spread in Calgary between 89 and 91.

Performance wise, is the 91 tune "that much better" when you're not towing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back