'95-'97 or '98-'01

Which do you prefer?

• '95-'97

Votes: 79 42.7%
  • '98-'01

Votes: 106 57.3%

• Total voters
98 5 Litre... There is no better

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

general x said:
filterin out us 1st gen owners aY? well i like mine better :p
I'll 2nd that

And 00-01 dont look as aggressive.

No comp...1st gens have the most aggresive body style :D
This is why they left 91-94's out...can't compete...lol :p

truck.jpg

ok I love the square truck look get rid of the damn rounded soccer mom/car suv.
Ok if you can take the rear hatch and the taillights off of a 96 and throw them on a 93 or a 94 that would be sweet.

Hey, ya'll left out the Mounty! I like all 95-01's except the EB. IMO the fender flairs and intigrated step make 95-01 EB's look like a station wagon. That was part of the reason I bought a Mounty in the first place. I wanted the EB featrues without that SW look.

I have a '99 Sport and I think it's the best lookin' of all of them...of course I'm biased...LOL. I did change the color matching white grille for a chrome one though. The newer ones look too much like their big brother the Expedition. They also look more soccer mom SUVish.

I have a '99 Sport and I think it's the best lookin' of all of them...of course I'm biased...LOL. I did change the color matching white grille for a chrome one though. The newer ones look too much like their big brother the Expedition. I like the older Expeditions too 'cause they don't look as similar to little brother. The new trucks look more soccer mom SUVish.

the 97 was the best year that ford made the explorer hands down, it was all crap from before and after that :D

I fell into this truck by accident (literally). Before then, I never knew there were so many different versions of this truck. I do like the rear hatch glass of the later models but the license plate in the hatch looks like a minivan not a truck. And even though my 96s high mounted third brake light is impossible to fix and a pain to replace, it is different. Up front the headlight/grill combo for both groups beat out the '02s. The 2002 front ends don't flow with the rest of the truck. Congrats to 95-01 X owners.
I also left the four doors to my wife's Acura sedan. But that should be another poll.

Back