97 Ranger starts and idles fine, but runs rough with no power when driving. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

97 Ranger starts and idles fine, but runs rough with no power when driving.

just1lou

Reaction score
City, State
pittsburgh pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 xl
Hi I have a 97 ranger 4.0. It starts and idles fine. But runs horrible when driving. No power runs rough. I had a rich fuel code in the summer when I borrowed a code reader off a friend but it ran fine then so I payed it no mind. My plugs, wires and ignition module are less than 2 years old. I replaced the fuel filter a couple months ago. The cat converter is a after market model about 2 years old and the o2 sensor on the cat is the same age. The upper o2 sensor has not been changed. Well that's the basics can anyone help me. Thanks.

Thanks for the reply. I cleaned the mass air and the throttle body. Took it off cleaned it well. I have to borrow my neighbors code puller to get exact code don't remember off hand.Idle air control haven't done anything with that. Would that effect my loss of power and rough running while driving. It idles fine. As far as the intake do you mean cleaning upper intake or lower?

Back