• Register Today It's free!

A4ld

copterdocc

Reaction score
City, State
Wyoming
Year, Model & Trim Level
1989 Bronco II
I have just finished rebuilding my A4LD on my 89 Ford Bronco II. The only gear I have is 1st. Any Ideas? This is the second time I have rebuilt it. The first time was the first time I had tried to rebuild a tranny. The overdrive section was shot. I replaced it but I did not realize that you should always change the TC when rebuilding. When I got done all I had was first, second,third, and reverse, no overdrive. I thought about just changing the TC but decided to pull the trans and and do a complete and good rebuild as the first one I did cheaply. I pulled the valve body and rebuilt it added some springs and enlarged some holes.
I beleive I did a good job. But like I say I only have first gear. I have pulled the VB to make sure all the check balls were in the right spots and they were. I installed a new vacuum modulator. If it is the wrong one could it do this. Also when I installed the TC in the trans it rubbed aginst the bell housing. The old one did not do this. It met the specs of 7/16 to 9/16" below the bell housing pads. When it was in and bolted up to the flywheel it did not rub the bell housing. Could this pull the TC to far forward and let it leak around the pump? Anything you can tell me would be a help.
Thanks

Back