About To Order Some Suspension/Steering Components... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

About To Order Some Suspension/Steering Components...

2000black&gold

Reaction score
City, State
Carrollton, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Eddie Bauer
I've got a 2000 Eddie Bauer Explorer, 5.0L AWD. It just turned 140,000 and ball joints, tie rod ends... they're all original. It drives extremely rough now, and I've been told that it's time for some new ball joints. I'm doing the work myself, so why I'm down there, I want to get everything knocked out. Anyway, here's what I'm going to order from RockAuto, just wanted everyone's opinions. Also, if you see anything that I'm overlooking, please let me know!

All parts are Moog:
Upper Control Arm (left and right)
Lower Ball Joints (left and right)
Inner Tie Rod
Tie Rod End (2)
Sway Bar Bushings

The control arms and the ball joints are from Moog's Problem Solver line... how is this better than their regular line?

Thanks in advance

sounds good, make sure you find a 5% discount code on the web!

Problem solver is supposed to address common failure areas. They supposedly improve the product beyond OEM spec so it has a long trouble-free life. For example, they may make a joint greasable if they feel it will improve durability. You can't go wrong with anything made by Moog, they are the same company as TRW and supply Ford with parts. I've taken off Ford original parts and saw a TRW stamp on them.

Maybe do the sway bar end links while you are at it too, others have had issues.

Good luck with your project!

Thanks for the response, I'll go ahead and do the sway bar links while I'm down there.

Anyone else see anything I'm missing? Any advice?

Back