Add a Leaf kit | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Add a Leaf kit

Covrace

Reaction score
I want an ADD A Leaf kit. does anyone have any part numbers to fit the rear of my 1993 XLT????? I've heard that all you do is remove the u-bolts,jack the axle out of the way and pull the center pin on the spring. is it truly this easy????? My rear is sagging a little(on the truck!!!), how much lift can I expect of this kit???I can add shackles as my class three hitch would get in the way. So this is currently the only way to gain some height.
thanks!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes, it really is that easy. It would have been easier for me if I had 4 jack stands (two for the frame, two for the axle), but I managed... Good luck.

so what you guys are saying, is I could go to any speed shop or auto parts store and get a "plain jane" add a leaf kit for a generic "Truck" and it should fit my 1993 XLT.
ok, I just didn't think it was that easy.

I looked at the sight, man they are cheap. Only thing is that I noticed they only have them for up '97. Did they change the leafs for '98+? Does anyone know if the '97 will fit my 2001? I believe the 01 has the same suspension as the 98, 99 and 00's. I am planning to do a torsion lift and add a leaf. Shackles won't give me the height I want. Any info would be great guys!

I have a 95 sport, and had a great deal of sag when I hooked up my boat. Instead of putting in an add-a-leaf, I replaced the single leaf spring with the springs out of a 94 4-door. It solved the sag problem and didnt change the rine of the truck.

Rob

Back