Advice / guidance on my 1995 XLT v6 4.0 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Advice / guidance on my 1995 XLT v6 4.0

SAM210

Reaction score
City, State
Arlington WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Ford XLT
Hello y’all Need some advice on what to do with my stock explorer
1995 XLT
Parents had since 1995-2022
Recently transferred over to me
Maintenance has been check and well taken care of over the years but now looking for performance cheap reliable.
Haven’t done anything to it yet since not exactly sure on what to do only thing done personally is new led headlights, new speakers on all 4 doors and new JL audio sub and Alpine amp plan on
Doing a whole remake inside all the cigarettes over the years burns and tears on seats and roof not the best looking when it’s leather.
But any advice/ guidance would be appreciated people do say work from the back forward 🤔

You can get interior prices from a later truck like a 99-01 Eddie or limited, they have updated interiors vs your smoked in 95

There are some products on the market that are very good and killing the smoke smell
You can even refresh the hvac air ducts

I would first inspect all fluids and consider changing the trans fluid and brake fluid at the very least!

Welcome to ef! 95a are tanks

You can get interior prices from a later truck like a 99-01 Eddie or limited, they have updated interiors vs your smoked in 95

There are some products on the market that are very good and killing the smoke smell
You can even refresh the hvac air ducts

I would first inspect all fluids and consider changing the trans fluid and brake fluid at the very least!

Welcome to ef! 95a are tanks
I might have written that wrong I just meant for the interior the leather top has holes from cigs so gonna get a new one but mainly looking for upgrades since she stock like engine upgrades or exhaust system recommendations currently still college but always free at night to work on my beast
All fluids were swapped with synthetic fluids

Back