• Register Today It's free!

Air Ride on a 00 AWD?

Rolla91

Reaction score
City, State
Marshall,MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Eddie Bauer AWD V8
I have been looking through pictures of explorers with air ride, which there arent many of, and noticed all of them were 2wd and all of them were very low.

Is it possible to put air ride on a 00 AWD explorer and keep the awd? I don't want a bunch of height adjustment, more just like a couple inches like the range rovers with adjustable suspension.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

With about 2" of drop, and about 4" total of lift, from -2" to +2"..

You can see it's not worth the trouble.

If you were 2WD, it's not much of an issue....

Ryan

you could do it but your probably not gona lay out on anything max drop I would say is gona be maybe 4- 5 inches before the CV's start binding up. Its deffinatly possable but everything will need to be custom fabbed for the front.

I would only like max drop to be what my truck sits with lowered tortion keys and no bolts in them and then i would be happy with 2-3 inches of lift from there, just so its tall enough I can drive.

Lowest TT you can do on the front is drop it 2 inches before you bind. Sounds like you want to go past this, you would need custom work on the front end to go past 2 inches. Sure you could do past 2 inches for a little while but your gonna wear out your CVs VERY FAST, like within a couple thousand miles.

I'm sure what I'm after the axles wont bind, I've driven it with the tortion adjuster bolts out and had no problems. I'd just like to be able to get a little lift back out of it to get back up close to stock height when I drive. Like I said nothing major, and at complete lowered height I dont care to drive it, just would like to be able to lower it down for when I park.

Back