• Register Today It's free!

Apten re-programming

DaHeinah

Reaction score
City, State
Reno, NV
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 E.B. 4X4
I was just wondering if I should have my Apten chip re-programmed because I got my chip when my X was still stock. Since then, I've put on a Granatelli MAF, and a KKM. Would it make a difference or am I OK? If so, how much would it cost?
Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

minor bolt ons won't make much of a difference in terms of the chip.

We'll see what Brian says.

you should be ok with out reprograming it. those mods did not do much to mess up any air fuel that the computer will not correct for. the next best thing to do is get a dyno tune with bryn.

Makes sense, but how much would that cost? I've heard various prices, but usually they are consistently high:eek: . I wouldn't have thought that those adjustments would make too much of a difference in reference to the computer, thanks for your comments!

you shold be just fine :)

If you had a MAF and no chip, sometimes it causes a lean condition. Once the chip is in and I have cured the learning stuff, it's okay.

The granitelli signal is pretty close to stock, and 92's weren't the most powerful EEC's anyways, so I'd say don't worry about it. If you start having problems because of it, then let me know and we'll work thru it.

Brian

Thanks Brian. That's what I figured, though the granatelli did get rid of my knocking, which was surprising- a good surprise :D

most of the 03's had PTECS which aren't chippable. The only 03's so far that I have seen with EEC's have been sport-tracs.

Brian

apten results

Where do i go about getting an apten chip? Website or talk to someone or what? Thanks

dw, check out this thread:

Dead Link Removed

Back