Auburn Gear, Detroit lockers

Creager

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Charlotte, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Sport 4x4
Im in the mist of buying my Lockers and/Or LSD. My question is: Has anyone used auburn gear in their rear diff?

I know im going detroit locker for the D35, but im kind of hesitent to putting a locker in the rear... since this is a daily driver. But i need something to get me more traction on the ground then just being "open".

So if you have used Auburn gear what have your experinces been off road with it? Would have you gone with something different?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A SEARCH for "auburn gear" produces 53 results. :D

auburn gear lsd will eventually wear out. i got a detroit truetrac. works great i'd like to get another for my front plus there is nothing in it to wear out. only thing better would be an actual locker imho, only reason i'd get rid of mine if if i get a full locker instead. probably maybe will im not 100% sure and don't know how long that would be, might be soon or not... anyways either way i would go with the trutrac if u want a limited slip.

A SEARCH for "auburn gear" produces 53 results.

53 results that don't answer my questions :D

auburn gear lsd will eventually wear out. i got a detroit truetrac. works great and there is nothing in it to wear out. only thing better would be an actual locker. imho

Do you know how long those things actually last before they wear out?

Wudup yo word said:
53 results that don't answer my questions :D
Well, now you are just lying. :( Good luck with your query. All the info you want is right there for you to read, but if you would rather sit there and wait for others to reply to this, please do.

depends on how much u use it... i've heard, but dont know for a fact but i've heard of them going out in 18,000 maybe 20,000mi maybe 23,000. the more u use it the quicker it goes out. then u have to do it all over again. i wouldn't even bother with it if u'll ever have to replace the thing.

Well, now you are just lying. Good luck with your query. All the info you want is right there for you to read, but if you would rather sit there and wait for others to reply to this, please do.

please hold...

depends on how much u use it... i've heard, but dont know for a fact but i've heard of them going out in 18,000 maybe 20,000mi maybe 23,000. the more u use it the quicker it goes out. then u have to do it all over again. i wouldn't even bother with it if u'll ever have to replace the thing.

i think ill take your word on it. thanks man

wudup yo word i sent u a pm. didn't know if u'd check yer e mail or pm's first so jus in case

Back