B11 on a diet...vinyl window/windows | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

B11 on a diet...vinyl window/windows

Can someone please give me info on how to get in-touch with a company called Trckmagik. I did the search thing and liked what I saw on Ricks Ex.
I tried to email them but never got a responce. Are they still in business? I chopped the top off my B11 and I am now building a removable aluminum bulkhead behind the seats for winter use. I was thinking of using a ranger rear sliding glass in the bulkhead, but I like the idea of the canvas vinyl window with snaps, I could just unsnap the window or depending on conditions remove the bulkhead and window. I am building this B11 with a serious weight reduction diet and lower COG. (Hopefully no more roll-overs) And also relocating weight like mounting the batteries behind the seats in a box that sets down flush with the bed. The ratio of weight on the front compared to the back, after chopping the top and removing rear interior and seats changes the weight distribution. I also have a 302 V8 which added more weight to the front. I may even think of intalling canvas vinyl window on the side. Enough rambling, thanks for any help.

Trckmagic is a guy named Brian in Texas silly! hahaha
He is on this board, but it also the founder and runs Nukinfutz.com

he had the soft windows made for the explorer's.

However you are looking to have a custom canvas tonnuea style cover made, a local marine boat top place is your best bet, or do it yourself with an industrial sewing machine.

I need to see your Bronco II and like now, thanks! hahaha

The 5.0L v8 is only slightly heavier then the 2.9L and 4.0L engine's.

If you want to keep a BII from rolling over you have the right idea, however dont put a bunch of weight in front of the rear axle, pout it behind the rear axle, especially the spare tire. They get too light in the very far back and when you are descending a trail the rear suspension will unload and the truck wants to flop over on its roof, the best way to fight this is by adding weight in the rear hatch/bumoer area, not behind the seats.

I am not going to chop my BII unless it ever gets rolled to the point where it needs it, instead I am making all the rear glass come out, building a cage, and making soft windows for the sides and a custom two piece hatch with a removable top section :) Everybody else likes to just chop em up, I think they look funny and cold in the winter, but I have come really close to getting the sawzall out a few times now over the years, its just so tempting to have an open top Bronco, but Ford built the BII with the idea of having those big picture windows come out (thats why the BII top doesnt come off) but it never made it in to production, so thats the path I am gonna take.

This BII you have been building sounds awesome!! You have done alot is a short time, lemesee!!

sounds like a beast man. I'm in the beginning stages of building my explorer...seems like i have the same plans for mine as you do for your bII :D

Thanks for all the ideas, you just changed my mind about putting the spare tire in the bed. I guess i'll fab up a spare tire carrier that hinges and goes next to the tail-gate. As soon as my son gets back from school and stays home long enough to teach me how to do the picture thing I will start sending in pics. The only pic on the site is the one that my son put on for me. I am an old retired sheet metal worker (had to after busting my back working on the Ravens NFL stadium a few years ago requiring two mjor spinal operations) and the bronco11 is really just a way to keep me going and hopfully out of the bars, Ha Ha. Due to my health and age I probably will never really drive hard like I used too. I really apreciate all the help every one has given me. Most all the ideas I want to do on the B11 and my 97 Ex comes from this site. When I recieve my next disability check I will join the elite. This site in a few short weeks has saved me more then the amount to join. Oh by the way my first roll-over was 4 weeks after buy a brand new Toyota Land Cruiser Soft top in 1973. Thank God I just installed a cage in it the week before. I will send pics of it in the Whoops forum.

Back