• Register Today It's free!

B2 not running good...

Bronco Sally

Reaction score
City, State
Windsor, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
'86 Bronco ll
Ok well shes having some big problems.. went wheeling got stuck in about 3 feet of mud.. now not running good.. will only go about 1500 rpm, then nothing tilkl i let off the gas, kinda like its not even running..will also backfire..

things ive changed/checked

changed:
-cap
-rotor
-distributor
-coil
-intank sending unit
-fuel filter

checked:
-all fuses
-egr
-spark

need to check:
-fuel pressure

1 problem may be that, stock 86 b2 has a 7 psi sending unit in the tank, and a bump unit up to i beleive 37 or so psi on the frame rail.. now when i got the gas tank from John there was an 89 bl sendinmg unit in it. 89/90s has one pump/unit, it was the intank 37 psi one.. now i was running that pump plus my other on the frame pump, so 2 37 psi pumps.. So instead of pumping 7 psi into the frame rail one i was pumping 37 psi into it. Is it possible that i burned it out by pumping in to much psi?? Thx Mike

need help fast.. this **** just gets me more and more pissed off and i just wanna do the 302 swap, but dont have all of the parts for it yet.

Also my buddy has a 88 yj, 350 chev, granny low 4spd manual 4 spd trans, 35s, d44 waggy front, amc 20 rear with 307s. Now we did a complete tune up and all fireing order and what not fuel filter... etc..

now it doesnt wanna go that fast i has it doing 110km/h but when i shifted into 4th and gave it more gas, it just bogged out, so shift back to 3rd and it still just bogged out.. now the guy that he bought it from took out the on the black mechanical pump and put in a electric pump. Is it possible that alt the higher speeds it is not pumping enought psi and that its just wont go?? we are gonna try to put in a mechanical pump and hopefully that fixes it.. Thx guys. Cheers Mike

the boost pump cannot be a high pressure pump.

Did you get water in the intake?
is/was the check engine light on

I might have gotten a lil water in, but only a few drips, and no check engine light.. thx Mike

Back