B2290 Airbag light suddenly turned ON | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

B2290 Airbag light suddenly turned ON

Chughtai

Reaction score
City, State
Riyadh
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Explorer 2006 - XLT
Hello,

I have Ford Explorer 2006 4.0L. It was all good unless my airbag light in the cluster came on.
didn't get any work done on the car but while driving it suddenly came on. Now after scanning for trouble codes i can find one code B2290 - BODY.
Can anyone guide me what to check in here. What could be the reason for sudden code and airbag light turning on.
thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the same thing just happened to me. I was thinking maybe it was something with the cold but I'm not sure

B2290 - Occupant Classification System Fault

Make sure nothing under the passenger seat moved or even disconnected the wires. Try seating the connector plug(s) tightly and see if the lights go out.

Had it happen to me once on my Mustang after moving the passenger seat all the way back.

Used to happen on my 02 all the time. Turned out to be a loose plug under the driver's seat. Got jostled around whenever I'd move the seat. Just had to reach under and jiggle it, then shut the car off and restart and the light would go away. Hopefully that's all that's wrong with yours.

Airbag light will come on when your battery is dying. Usually, if you drive a while, turn it off and then restart, it will stay off, but any overnight (for instance) stop will turn it back on.

John

the same thing just happened to me. I was thinking maybe it was something with the cold but I'm not sure

B2290 - Occupant Classification System Fault

Make sure nothing under the passenger seat moved or even disconnected the wires. Try seating the connector plug(s) tightly and see if the lights go out.

Had it happen to me once on my Mustang after moving the passenger seat all the way back.

Used to happen on my 02 all the time. Turned out to be a loose plug under the driver's seat. Got jostled around whenever I'd move the seat. Just had to reach under and jiggle it, then shut the car off and restart and the light would go away. Hopefully that's all that's wrong with yours.

Well yeah it turned out to be some stuff stuck under the drivers seat. Removed it, jostled around with the connector to make sure it is properly seated. Viola!:thumbsup: Light is gone, check PCM for codes, it moved to PENDING CODES, so just cleared it and all is good.. :)
Thanks all for the suggestions.. :)

Back