• Register Today It's free!

Brake Rotors!

fyrfyter612

Reaction score
City, State
Portage Lakes, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer Sport
Well, just ordered a new set of brake rotors from E-Bay. They're slotted and drilled. I got all 4 rotors for $169.00 plus shipping. One of the guys here at the fire dept. has then on his VW and has nothing but good things to say about them. The place I got them from even puts a silver zinc coating on them to prevent rust. And they are very polite and nice. Now I just have to decide which brake pads I want to use. If anybody wants to check them out on E-bay the store name is v12motorsports. I'll place a follow-up post once I get them on.

Well, just ordered a new set of brake rotors from E-Bay. They're slotted and drilled. I got all 4 rotors for $169.00 plus shipping. One of the guys here at the fire dept. has then on his VW and has nothing but good things to say about them. The place I got them from even puts a silver zinc coating on them to prevent rust. And they are very polite and nice. Now I just have to decide which brake pads I want to use. If anybody wants to check them out on E-bay the store name is v12motorsports. I'll place a follow-up post once I get them on.

if you got slotted and drilled rotors, i'd definitely go with ceramics. that way you'll be able to dissipate heat very efficiently, low brake dust, and they should then last a pretty good while. but don't buy cheapos, invest in some good ones

Let us know how it turns out.

Ben

I think that's the seller I have asked a question of at least 6 times, and not one reply. I want those rotors too (actually, with pads as well) and am prepared to pay up to around the USD$350 mark for them, including shipping to Oz, as we cannot get those brakes here (only front slotteds).

Let us know how you go, and how good you find them once fitted, because if they're as good as think they should be, I may just have to start ringing that seller to get some answers!

Back