• Register Today It's free!

brush guard

james_c17

Reaction score
City, State
camden, sc
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Explorer XLT AWD
does anyone make a brush guard with a winch mount for a 97 ex?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

here's an interesting way to mount a winch on our style second gens with the steel bumper

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273923

no one make a brush guard for an explorer with a winch mount (that I know of) because they all have mounts that loop under the bumper, and this wouldn't be strong to winch from

autotoysusa.com has a brushguard for a 96-01 explorer it's made by blackhorse, I am very pleased with my s/s 3pc brush&taillight guards.

i looked on autotoysusa and all the had was for years after mine. but what is s/s?

Westin makes a nice brush guard for your explorer that has the holes all ready for either off road lights or a winch. Mine has held up nice for 10 years with no fading of the powdercoat.

i have looked and looked but cannot find anything yall are talking about. would yall mind putting links to these things?

Check Summit Racing for Westin part# 40-0105. Not a bad price

1995-2001 Ford Explorer/Mountaineer Grill Guard by Black Horse®
SKU: BH-17F80218A/MSS 1997-1998 Ford Expedition (2WD) /Ford F150 Black Modular Grill Guard by Black Horse®
See details

Our price: $370.00 Black powder coat
Add $200.00 for Stainless Steel
If you have to, search within site under part number: 17F80218MSS
autotoysusa.com

Warn makes the "transformer". May be listed for a Ranger but it fits fine. Mines been on for a few years now whit heavy use.

Back