• Register Today It's free!

Bull bar for 02 explorer sport

trailblazer295

Reaction score
City, State
Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Explorer Sport
I've been looking into buying a bull bar for my 02 sport but have had a hard time finding many opitions that fit my vehicle. Who makes a bull bar that would fit my vehicle? Any dealers in the GTA area?

Thanks

Scott

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I thought this was the right section, the 02 sport have been put with the 01 as they were very similar. It says 02+ sport at the top of the section.

"2002+ Sports (2dr)."

I stand corrected.

I can never find any bull guards for any of our 2nd gens, only brush, and those are also very limited.

"2002+ Sports (2dr)."

I stand corrected.

I can never find any bull guards for any of our 2nd gens, only brush, and those are also very limited.

Ya all ive seen are full on grille guards and safari light bars thats about it, ideally id like a bull bar with skid plate.

Ttt

me 2!!!

I can't remember where I saw this, so don't quote me on it, but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that bull guards aren't made for our Sports. If you think about it, looking at all the giant trucks rolling around that have them, you need a lot of front space to fit them, and from crawling around under my truck doing my BL, I just don't see anywhere that it would be able to be supported from. I really like how bull bars look though, so I'll keep an eye/ear out for anything and keep you guys posted if I do.

EDIT: I did find this site http://www.wooddashexperts.com/customer/home.php?cat=6432 but I'm not too sure if it's legit. On the bull bar page, it says it fits 'Ford Explorer / Explorer Sport 2006-2009' but there's no such thing as a Sport that's younger than 03, so no clue :/ You could always try calling these guys and finding out though, worth a shot.

thanks!!:thumbsup:

I can't remember where I saw this, so don't quote me on it, but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that bull guards aren't made for our Sports. If you think about it, looking at all the giant trucks rolling around that have them, you need a lot of front space to fit them, and from crawling around under my truck doing my BL, I just don't see anywhere that it would be able to be supported from. I really like how bull bars look though, so I'll keep an eye/ear out for anything and keep you guys posted if I do.

EDIT: I did find this site http://www.wooddashexperts.com/customer/home.php?cat=6432 but I'm not too sure if it's legit. On the bull bar page, it says it fits 'Ford Explorer / Explorer Sport 2006-2009' but there's no such thing as a Sport that's younger than 03, so no clue :/ You could always try calling these guys and finding out though, worth a shot.

Sadly you are probably right, looked at alot of sites and makers and it doesn't seem to fit the sports. Full grill guards don't bother me but the price tag does, the light bars are just to small visually to justify the $300+.

Back