bumpers fit? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

bumpers fit?

the_jks

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 4x4 xlt
anyone know if 94 or later front and rear bumpers fit a 96

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

1995-1997 are the same.
1994 & earlier won't fit. 1998-2001 Ford went to the metal/plastic combonation on the front & moved the license plate from the rear bumper the the hatch.

****ty i really like the look of the all chrome early bumpers and the fact they dont hang down so far, better angles of attack. u know if any of the rangers bumpers fit ??

just trying to find something that works, looks a bit more truck'ish, and that i dont have to fab up myself

thanks

I don't think ranger bumpers will fit either. The curvature is different. A Ranger bumper is flat across the front where the Explorer curves from the center.

I was looking for a pre-runner light bar for mine & contacted a couple of places that sold ones for Rangers the same year as my Mountaineer ('97) and they told me that a Ranger pre-runner bar would not fit. :mad:

So I feel for you. I don't mind the look of my stock bumper I just can only find one place that has a pre-runner bar & it is $75-100 more than the one Pro-Comp sells for the Ranger.

yeah that sucks man i guess im gonna have to find some one to fab somethin up.
to bad i dont have no fab skills id make up some simple designs for some skid plates, a bushgaurd , bumpers , taillight gaurds, pre runner bar and just make 20 of each and make some dough on the side, but im useless i dont even have a welder,

thanks for you help man i guess ill call some wreckers and see what front an rear bumpers are worth to compare, $$$ to getin em fabed, i got no bumpers as of now ,had them removed for a bodykit, why??dont even ask?!

Back